System.FilePath.joinDrive problem

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at
Sat Nov 3 17:19:38 EDT 2007

Hello Twan,

Saturday, November 3, 2007, 10:48:12 PM, you wrote:

>   - Win32: PathAppend           gives "C:\File"

i've found and read its docs. my guess is that shell API was provided
for GUI programs that doesn't have "current directory on other disks"
concept, so your suggestion may be more appropriate for GUI apps,
while current one conforms to the behavior of command-line utilities,
including MS own ones

at least for my own application i need current behavior and there is
problem of backward compatibility with existing FilePath versions

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at