updateLookupWithKey bug? Was: Data.Map, Data.IntMap documentation (1611)

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 12:43:41 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have always wondered about the usefulness of the "withKey" functions
because the key is one of the arguments that the programmer is passing
anyway, so they already know its value.  The only situation that I can
think of where that might not be the case is if the equality relation
on the keys is actually an equivalence relation, so the key in the map
might be different from the key that was passed by the programmer even
though they are "equal", and the distinction between the two keys is
important.   I would be a bit suspect of code that relies on that
though... Does anybody have other uses of the "withKey" functions?
-Iavor

PS: as for the bug, I would just fix it (i.e., send a patch)