IPv6 support patches for network - please apply

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed May 30 12:20:57 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 08:56:58AM -0700, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> Are there plans for a 6.6.2 release of GHC that might include this, or
> is it likely to wait until 6.8?  I'm trying to figure out which API to
> write up for the book.

The plan is not to release 6.6.2, and if we do release it then it
probably wouldn't have this change anyway (it would probably use the
exact same extralibs as 6.6.1, as the old build system has been removed
from the extralibs now).

It will be in 6.8 (in as much as the extralibs are "in" GHC releases)
which is tentatively scheduled for sometime this summer.

Of course, the point of extralibs is that network can be released
asynchronously, so you can use it with 6.6.1 today should you wish.

Personally, I'd therefore recommend writing up the new API.

Thanks
Ian