darcs patch: add test that X11 will actually build.

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun May 20 12:45:29 EDT 2007

Hi David,

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 09:28:16AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> Just for future benefits, it seems a good idea to occasionally
> check that the X11 library actually can be built.

The nightly builds check that the library can be built.

> changepref test
>
> runhaskell Setup.hs configure && runhaskell Setup.hs build

My opinion is that this (building the package every time you run
"darcs record") is too expensive, and will just mean everyone adds
--no-test to their default arguments.

Also, Setup won't necessarily find a compiler that can compile the HEAD
versions of the libraries.

If other developers think it is useful then we could add this test,
though, as it's easier to opt-out (by adding --no-test to the defaults)
than to opt-in.

Thanks
Ian