Adding System.FilePath

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:04:30 EDT 2007

Sven Panne wrote:

> What is the general strategy for Haskell' regarding this topic: Is I/O out of
> the scope of Haskell' itself? If not, what are the plans/the strategy for
> transitioning to something more correct? To be honest: I don't see an easy
> way out without breaking lots of existing programs.

The main thing that Haskell' should do, IMO, is to get rid of everything IOish
from the Prelude and drop the IO module.  Then it becomes possible to
disentangle the IO library from the base package (well, more possible at least),
and we can think about experimenting with alternative IO APIs.

Cheers,
	Simon