Proposal: Add Text.PrettyPrint.HughesPJ.zeroText

David Menendez zednenem at
Fri Mar 23 19:55:06 EDT 2007

Aaron Denney writes:

> On 2007-03-23, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >> but I called it OOB text for 'out-of-band' text. I use it mainly
> >> for xterm escape codes.
> >
> > I would have thought the term zeroText more accurately signifies
> > the meaning, partly because out-of-band isn't such a commonly known
> > phrase. If anyone can suggest anything better than zeroText, then
> > I'm happy to hear it.
> out-of-band not commonly known?  Huh.  I'd have said it's quite
> common.

So would I, but I suppose it depends on who you're talking to.
> zeroText doesn't say what about it is zero.

How about 'zeroWidthText'? It seems self-explanitory and fairly generic.
David Menendez <zednenem at> | "In this house, we obey the laws
<>      |        of thermodynamics!"