Adding System.FilePath

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 04:25:30 EDT 2007

Hello Jeffrey,

Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 7:22:48 AM, you wrote:

> To resolve the deadlock around System.FilePath, I propose that Neil be
> allowed to submit it to base (so that it's definitely in a logical
> package for ghc-6.8 even if the rest of the refactoring doesn't
> happen), and then Bulat and anyone else who wants to use it before
> then should release base-2.1 with System.FilePath backported.

> Does that sound reasonable?

it it hardly a solution. supporting one more branch of Base would be a
nightmare. FilePath already exists as separate package so i guess that
if it will be included in Base 3.0, we will got the same situation as
with fps in 6.4/6.6 - separate package should be imported in 6.4
version, but not in 6.6

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com