Adding System.FilePath

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at
Fri Mar 16 07:06:50 EDT 2007

Hello ArtemGr,

>> yes, it is possible but have no any practical meaning because base
>> library anyway shipped together with ghc and there are no alternative
>> versions. if someone will make such versions, these versions may be
>> installed in ghc (may be by hand because Cabal itself uses base :)

> Base is shipped with GHC, so what? I can fetch the fresh base with darcs and
> build it.

base isn't compatible between major ghc versions (6.6/6.8). so you may
use only base 2.0 with 6.6 or base 3.0 with 6.8. situation is
different for other libraries - you can keep to use fps 0.7 with any
ghc version because your program developed against it, or you can
upgrade to new version if you need new features

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at