System.FilePath Re[2]: ANN: HSH 1.2.0

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Mar 15 17:54:50 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 01:39:18AM +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi
>
> >No they won't: If Setup.hs builds then it's installed, and besides, we
> >don't need it any more if we've already built Setup. So there's no point
> >in Setup.hs checking it's installed (which is the effect of adding a dep
> >in the .cabal file, which I assume is what you meant).
>
> I see your point, but Cabal passes -package base etc, so even if
> FilePath is installed, its not visible to a Cabal compiled program by
> default.

If by Cabal you mean "./Setup build" then yes, it passes -package base
etc for the build-deps, but if I understand correctly you are talking
about /compiling/ Setup.

You are right that cabal-setup would need to pass -package foo, but
that's just something we do and users don't need to worry about.

Thanks
Ian