Adding System.FilePath

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:43:48 EDT 2007

Hi

> As a compromise, we can leave the current FilePath as it is until things are
> settled, but I would really like to have a big, fat warning in the
> documentation then...

What would the warning say?

"Haskell currently does not work when reading files or accessing
command line arguments on Unix. Until such time as this is fixed
please avoid opening files, or allowing the user to pass command line
flags. The workaround is to either use Windows or Perl." :-)

Do you have a concrete proposal for what FilePath's should look like
in Haskell'? "FilePath = String" is currently the least broken design,
since no one has put forward a better one.

Thanks

Neil