Adding System.FilePath

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:18:52 EDT 2007

Hi

> Alas, this is no solution at all. The point is: Currently there is no explicit
> conversion FilePath <-> String, although this is really needed. Users e.g.
> enter FilePaths somehow through a GUI, on the command line, in a
> configuration file etc., so you often start with a String.

Surely both FilePath's and command line arguments are sufficiently
string like that a reasonable interpretation of them is String? We
don't want to provide an interface to Unix, we want to provide a
proper abstraction over the underlying details.

It would be a shame if on my Windows box I had to jump through
artificial hoops because Posix is a bit broken...

Thanks

Neil