There are too many error handling conventions used in library code!

Henning Thielemann lemming at
Wed Mar 14 09:44:02 EDT 2007

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> This article on the 8 different error handling strategies various common
> Haskell libs use:
> got me thinking:
>     we need to standardise/recommend a small set of methods for library
>     error handling.

What about localised exception messages? How shall I design a library that
allow application programmers using that library to emit exception
messages that are translated to the language of the application user?