System.FilePath Re[2]: ANN: HSH 1.2.0

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:06:10 EDT 2007

Hi

> "runhaskell", "ghc --make" and hugs would all work.
>
> "ghc -package base -package Cabal" wouldn't, but I doubt that will trip
> anyone up given it won't be in any docs (and so anyone it does trip up
> probably knows how to fix it anyway).

Cabal users will have to explicitly depend on FilePath though, i.e.
all users of Cabal will need to know that System.FilePath isn't in the
base, it is in a separate module.

> > i.e. on parity with the base libraries. Does such a place/package exist?
>
> You just have to convince each implementation separately to ship with
> it.

But if its a case of each implementation defining their own policy,
then suddenly you can't use it in Cabal Setup.hs files.

Thanks

Neil