System.FilePath Re[2]: ANN: HSH 1.2.0

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:36:09 EDT 2007

Hi

> No, Cabal requires that things needed by Setup.*hs files (such as the
> FilePath module) come with all compilers. That can be done by shipping
> the filepath package with all compilers rather than putting the module
> into the base package.

When last speaking to Duncan he gave me the impression that Setup.hs
can only depend on base. If this is not the case, and we have a
procedure for "making this a library that comes with absolutely every
compiler", then I'm happy to create it as a filepath library,
provided:

* There are no circumstances under which import Data.List will work,
but import System.FilePath will not

i.e. on parity with the base libraries. Does such a place/package exist?

Thanks

Neil