Proposal: Add First and Last wrappers around Maybe to Data.Monoid

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Mar 8 06:11:18 EST 2007

John Meacham wrote:

> A huge amount of useful namespace is eaten by them and Data.Monoid is an
> extremely common thing to need to import.

(as I say every half year or so) the real problem is that
Haskell "import" is (speaking Ada) "with" and "use" at the same time,
and there is no local "use" in Haskell.

Use whatever names are appropriate in the library,
and don't care too much for complaints from people that have
acquired the ugly habit of importing everything unqualified :-)
--
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --
---- http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ -------