ANN: Bugfixes for regex-posix and regex-pcre ByteString use

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Tue Mar 6 05:52:12 EST 2007

I got a bug report from the #haskell IRC channel last night that empty
ByteStrings were broken.  The new bugfixed versions of the affected packages are:

regex-posix-0.92
regex-posix-0.72
regex-pcre-0.92
regex-pcre-0.81

All the above have been uploaded to http://hackage.haskell.org/ and are
available via darcs (see below).

Details:

regex-posix-0.92 replaces the "unstable" regex-posix-0.91 that I announced
yesterday.  The bug fix also applied to ByteString.Lazy
repository: http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/regex-unstable/regex-posix/

regex-posix-0.72 replaces the regex-posix-0.71 that came with GHC 6.6
repository: http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/regex-posix/

The repository version is setup to compile alongside GHC in some way that I
cannot easily package, so the tarball on hackage has edited Wrap.hsc and cabal
files.

regex-pcre-0.92 replaces the "unstable" regex-pcre-0.91 that I announced
yesterday.  The bug fix also applied to ByteString.Lazy
repository: http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/regex-unstable/regex-pcre/

regex-pcre-0.81 replaces the "stable" regex-pcre-0.80 that is compatible with
the regex-base-0.71 supplied with GHC or regex-base-0.72 that I announced yesterday.
repository: http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/regex-pcre/