Proposal: System.Timeout module for base (Trac #980)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Mar 1 16:48:58 EST 2007

Oops, I almost forgot to respond to this point:

 > Could you add an explanation why the module is non-portable?

The module is unportable because it relies on asynchronous,
dynamically-typed exceptions. That is a GHC extension, as far as
I know. I guess it might be worth mentioning the exact details
somewhere, but then I don't want to clutter the module header
with long text -- almost all modules I have seen just say
"non-portable" in that header field. If it's not a major point,
I'd prefer to keep things the way they are in that regard.

Of course, all kinds of patches are always welcome. ;-)

Peter