darcs patch: s6_addr32 is undefined on darwin. Added an AC check a...

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 27 08:37:11 EDT 2007

On 27 jun 2007, at 13.50, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 01:43:30PM +0200, Thomas Schilling wrote:
>> Uh.  It might be that the autoconf check doesn't work, or is
>> implementod the wrong way.  What is the output of configure?
>
> [...]
> checking for in_addr_t in netinet/in.h... yes
> checking for s6_addr32 in netinet6/in6.h... no
> checking for getaddrinfo... yes
> [...]
>
> I have no netinet6 directory, and all my in6.h's are in linux
> directories. It looks like my netinet/in.h does define s6_addr32, but
> that doesn't mean that's portable of course.

Ok, so there's the quick'n'dirty and the clean[tm] fix.

- quick'n'dirty: Also grep for s6_addr32 in netinet/in.h .
   A possibly cleaner way is to use:

    AC_CHECK_DECL(s6_addr32)

   I'm a complete autoconf newbie, so this it what seems most
appropriate, according to the list at

   http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.57/
html_chapter/autoconf_3.html#SEC9

- clean: remove the use of s6_addr32 in the sources and use the
portable s6_addr, as discussed earlier on this list.

/ Thomas