Proposal #1464: add dropPrefix to Data.List

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at
Wed Jun 27 01:00:02 EDT 2007

I can see how this function can be useful.  However, I am strongly
opposed to adding the general monadic version---not all monads support
graceful failure, and for monads that do not support it, the only
option is to throw a run-time exception, which is at odds with the
purity of Haskell (which leads to headaches when you try to write
robust code).  I think that the "Maybe" version is perfectly adequate
but if we have to have an overloaded version, then we should use