Subtle bug in Data.ByteString and/or GHC (perhaps)

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at
Tue Jun 19 11:34:09 EDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, dons at (Donald Bruce Stewart) wrote:

> nad:
>> It turns out that, although the code I posted earlier in this thread
>> now works, the larger piece of code which I am actually interested in
>> running does not...
> However, we'll need a test case, so more info please! :-)

I took a closer look at the issue today, and apparently the problem
yesterday was caused by me. Hence you can disregard the second bug
report. :)

Thanks for the bug fix. Was the problem caused by code breaking the
documented "rules" for safe usage of some unsafe function? If not,
maybe some documentation should be updated to avoid similar problems
in the future.