Subtle bug in Data.ByteString and/or GHC (perhaps)

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at
Mon Jun 18 13:34:31 EDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Nils Anders Danielsson <nad at> wrote:

> I tried the most recent darcs version of binary, and the problem
> appears to have been fixed, presumably by the patch replacing
> inlinePerformIO with unsafePerformIO.

It turns out that, although the code I posted earlier in this thread
now works, the larger piece of code which I am actually interested in
running does not...

I guess this is the price you pay for using libraries which make use
of RULES pragmas and unsafePerformIO and friends.