Is there already a list class?

Jean-Philippe Bernardy jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:12:05 EST 2007

On 1/10/07, Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2007, at 3:25 AM, Jean-Philippe Bernardy wrote:
> > I suggest you have a look a the classes for collections that I've been
> > working on.
> > It's an attempt at unifying all collection types in a single framework
> > of classes.
> >
> > darcs repository:
> >
> > http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/collections
>
> How does this library compare to Edison?

The collections package is intended as an evolution from the
collection types in the package rather than a radically different
design. In other words, it's easier to move to the collection packages
than to edison. Another advantage is that every type is in the same
"hierarchy" of classes (no separate class for associative
collections). It also makes heavy usage of MTPC+fundeps, I suspect in
a way very close to what Robert plans to do for edison. On the other
hand, there are more types in the edison library.

Robert: if that is actually the direction where you want to move for
edison, I'd suggest to merge the two packages.

Here's the link to the wiki page:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/New_collections

Cheers,
JP.