Multiple .cabal Files

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 06:25:34 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 10:35 +0000, Jeremy O'Donoghue wrote:
> Oddly, I was about to ask almost exactly the same question.
>
> The supplementary is:
>
> I'm trying to convert wxHaskell to use a cabal based build system.

I have similar issues in trying to convert Gtk2Hs to use Cabal.

Basically Cabal doesn't yet have any coherent story for larger projects
like Gtk2Hs, wxHaskell, GHC etc that are made up of many components and
where some bits are needed to generate others. We're really only just
past the early phase of Cabal development which was aimed at making
simple libs/progs easy to build.

So basically we need to discuss what we would like for larger projects
and come up with a design. We also need volunteers to implement
proposals (of course if these are one and the same then there's a good
incentive to keep things simple!) Either this mailing list or the
cabal-devel list is the appropriate place for such discussions.

Duncan