Proposal: Data.Proxy

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Wed Feb 7 22:00:00 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:47:52AM +0000, Philippa Cowderoy wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Musasabi wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I propose a module called Data.Proxy into the base package containing
> > the common Proxy type used in many different libraries (e.g. HAppS,
> > HList, ...).
> >

> Perhaps Type.Proxy, creating a Type hierarchy for types with trivial
> values intended for type-level programming?

I second this proposal.

Also, due to the increasing popularity of witness types, I propose a
optimization/pragmatic hint (warning, only 5 mins thought, please improve):

{-# NO_PATTERN_MATCHING #-}

does exactly what it says, and hints to the code generator that it
can use 0 bytes to represent the value by some variation of the State# magic.