[Haskell] Haskell Xlib bindings

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Wed Feb 7 09:17:30 EST 2007

[ moved to libraries list ]

Am Montag, 5. Februar 2007 00:15 schrieb Duncan Coutts:
> [...] Perhaps these days binding xcb might be the way to go for low level
> X11 stuff.

I had a look and XCB, and it looks quite promising as a "better Xlib". What is
not so clear to me is:

   * X.Org seems to use it as a basis for their Xlib implementation. Is this
correct?

   * What about XFree86?

   * What about X11 implementations on *BSD, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.?

   * Is XCB 100% feature-complete compared to Xlib?

I guess that XCB is not widespread enough yet to drop the X11 package now, but
I'd like to hear what others think. OTOH, a Haskell binding for XCB can
probably be generated automatically to a large degree via XSLT, if I
understand things correctly, which would be a big plus.

Cheers,
   S.