Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at
Mon Dec 10 04:42:07 EST 2007

"Neil Mitchell" <ndmitchell at> writes:

>> e.g. why don't we rather literally copy
>> ?

> I recommend someone actually implements one of these API's in Haskell
> and uploads it to Hackage. For bonus points, take an existing Haskell
> program and port its FilePath [...]

And please hurry! :-)

I tend to use FilePath as just a newtype, i.e. I hardly use any other
functions from the library, but use it in type signatures to make it
clear what this particular string is for.

I won't quite say the current library encourages this, but it clearly
doesn't discourage it either...