Cabal, System.Filepath

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:35:48 EST 2007

To my surprise, if you type ^C at the right moment you can trash GHC's
(system-wide) package list. I figured it was easier to reinstall than
fix, but forgot Debian installs GHC 6.6 if I don't ask for "unstable".
So, let's get Cabal on its feet again:

$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.6

$ darcs pull
Pulling from "http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal"...
No remote changes to pull in!

$ ghc -i. --make Setup.lhs -o setup

Distribution/Simple.hs:114:7:
     Could not find module `System.FilePath':
       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

Can I humbly suggest that Cabal rely on very few external libraries?

(I'm switching to 6.6.1 as I type this.)

cheers
peter