Library proposal: Add System.Info.isWindows

Peter Gavin pgavin at
Wed Aug 15 21:38:51 EDT 2007

On 8/15/07, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at> wrote:
> Hmm, but how is the base lib going to be set up to return OtherOS
> "BeOS"? This would have to be done during porting, wouldn't it be just
> as easy for said porter to add BeOS to the OSType enumeration?

I've agreed with Duncan so far.  I'd like to note that its possible to
add a string constant that contains the OS name/version/etc.,
completely separate from the enumeration.  I vote for having the
enumeration as Duncan's suggested, plus this separate string constant
(maybe, OSString or OSVersion or something similar).