darcs patch: GenT monad transformer variant of Gen (QuickCheck 2)

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun Aug 12 16:36:35 EDT 2007

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 02:33:22PM +0100, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Felix Martini wrote:
> >This patch contains a module GenT for QuickCheck 2. GenT is a monad
> >transformer variant of the Gen monad.
> >
> I'm a bit puzzled because I already submitted a similar patch myself,
> but hadn't heard anything.

I'm not sure what the deal is with QuickCheck.

In extralibs we have QuickCheck 1:
    http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/QuickCheck/
which doesn't seem to have any active maintainer. Patches for this
should probably go through the library submissions procedure:
    http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

Then there is also a darcs repo for QuickCheck 2:
    http://darcs.haskell.org/QuickCheck/
which, from the Cabal file, looks like it is maintained by Koen,
although it also claims its homepage is
    http://www.haskell.org/QuickCheck/
(which doesn't exist) and
    http://darcs.haskell.org/QuickCheck/_darcs/prefs/email
still sends patches to here (libraries at haskell.org). I'm not sure if
Koen will deal with patches for QC2, or if they should also go through
the library submissions procedure.

The webpage here:
    http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~rjmh/QuickCheck/
also has a (very useful, from what I remember) QuickCheckM module; it
looks like this has been incorporated into QC2, though.

I'm not sure
* why extralibs still uses QC1,
* whether QC2 is ready for production use, or
* whether QC is actively maintained.
Any light would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ian