Good Haskell Style

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:44:05 EDT 2007

On 6 aug 2007, at 17.12, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007, Thomas Schilling <nominolo at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> (defun delete-trailing-space ()

Yes, thanks.  That was also pointed out by Chris, in this thread.

> FYI: There is a standard function delete-trailing-whitespace which you
> could use.
>
>>     (add-hook 'write-file-hooks 'delete-trailing-space)
>
> And write-contents-hooks may be more appropriate.

Thanks, I take a look.  As Simon Marlow mentioned, this however does
not solve our problem.  I just fell into that trap myself, because I
accidentally kept that hook on a file I was working on, and had a
very hard time filtering out the actual changes when I recorded my
darcs patch.  Hooking this feature in with highlight-changes-mode
might give us a way to find out which lines were actually modified,
but even then the best way to integrate this would be with darcs or
some darcs mode.  I use darcsum.el, which works rather well, but is
far from perfect.

I take a look.

Thanks,
/ Thomas