Library proposal: Add System.Info.isWindows

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:35:41 EDT 2007

Hello Neil,

>> important question - what it should return on cygwin (and
>> win32-emulating environments on unix if such ones exist)

> Very good question. I guess we should return the host operating system
> - i.e. Windows on Windows, and Unix on Unix. The emulation is
> generally for programs that aren't cross compatible, if you've taken
> the time to figure out what OS you are really on, you can probably be
> compatible to it.

i think it's better to ask people which has cygwin experience

overall, i agree with you - it will be great to add isWindows now.
details of its behavior may be outlined based on further experience
(i bet that there are no cygwin haskell developers at this moment).
my only anxiety that it should be put outside of base

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com