Good Haskell Style

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Fri Aug 3 19:40:16 EDT 2007

Jon Fairbairn wrote:
> David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:48:37AM +0100, Jon Fairbairn wrote:
>>> [1] this isn't the only place where a version control system
>>> that understood more of the language would be useful: for
>>> example, rather than having to specify a regexp, I'd like
>>> darcs replace to pick one (from a configuration file?)
>>> depending on language.
>> This latter bit is pretty easily added, but I doubt many people have
>> repositories in which they use darcs replace often on multiple languages,
>> so it seems like it ought to be pretty low-priority.
>
> I wasn't particularly thinking of multiple languages.  The
> default is wrong for Haskell, for example, so I have to put
> something in _darcs/prefs/defaults.

And it's not there when darcs-getting a repository of Haskell code,
which is rather irritating since contributed patches SHOULD use the
appropriate convention (for patch commutation as well as correctness of
replacement).  Although, I'm not sure how this can be fixed in the darcs
model of looking at things?

Isaac