Good Haskell Style

Jon Fairbairn jon.fairbairn at
Fri Aug 3 10:38:04 EDT 2007

Benjamin Franksen <benjamin.franksen at> writes:

> Jon Fairbairn wrote:
> > David Roundy <droundy at> writes:
> >>  I've certainly never heard of a scenario in which
> >> trailing white space is beneficial.
> >
> > Neither have I, but since it's invisible, asking that it not
> > be there without providing automatic mechanical assistance
> > is to add a tedious burden.
> sed -e 's/[ \t]+$//'

Not the whole story, surely; you must want me to do
something like create sort-it:

find /home/jf -name \*.hs -o -name \*.lhs | xargs -IX sed -i.bak -e 's/[ \t]+$//' X

and put it in a my crontab to run once a day? Otherwise it's
not automatic. Only, strangely enough, what you wrote
doesn't work (s/-e/-r/).

Jón Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn at