Good Haskell Style

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 2 09:12:05 EDT 2007

On 2 aug 2007, at 12.10, Simon Marlow wrote:
> While we're on emacs... I know I can colour trailing whitespace
> differently, but that's just annoying.  What I want is: on lines
> that I edit, remove the trailing whitespace (and if I undo the
> edit, put the whitespace back too).  Is there something that does
> that?  I couldn't find it.

The simplest thing I can think of, is to not remove whitespace at
all, but to only remove it when you're saving the file.  I know that
some modes use such a save hook.  It also wouldn't modify the actual
file (ie, don't remove the whitespace until you save the file for the
first time), as long as you edit it.  The only time the spaces would
be removed permanently were if you save the file, close the buffer,
and then re-open the file.

If I can come up with a simple solution, I'll let you know.

/ Thomas