Location of inlinePerformIO

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 05:48:42 EDT 2007

Hi

> > > Or we could stop exporting the internal bytestring APIs at all.
> >
> > The ability to monkey around in the internals of bytestrings is very
> > handy, so it would be a shame to do that.
>
> Yes, I wasn't really being serious. We do deliberately export it all so
> people can build extensions, and there are already several such
> extensions. Of course we don't make the same api stability promises
> about the stuff in the .Base module.

Base is a bit too friendly a name, I would have expected Internal
somewhere in the name if this library really is internal and has no
guarantees. Plus there is no way for a library user to know that this
Base thing is less stable than the rest of the base library, without
going as far as the documentation - which I certainly didn't do.

Thanks

Neil