filepath broken with Cabal 1.1.6

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:44:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

For users of Cabal 1.1.6, the currently checked in filepath Setup.hs
script won't work - it gives:

>runghc Setup.hs configure

Setup.hs:17:30:
    Couldn't match expected type `UserHooks'
           against inferred type `Maybe UserHooks'
      Expected type: Hook a
      Inferred type: PackageDescription
                     -> LocalBuildInfo
                     -> Maybe UserHooks
                     -> BuildFlags
                     -> IO ()
    In the second argument of `($)', namely
        `buildHook defaultUserHooks'
    In the `buildHook' field of a record

Can this be fixed? I know the Setup.hs only really serves GHC's
purposes, and I think its Ian's work. I also think its possibly the
same for other packages? It would be a shame if we make everyone
upgrade to have a libary which we've not put in base so they can
upgrade it separately...

Thanks

Neil