problem with unix package

Frederik Eaton frederik at
Fri Apr 20 06:52:50 EDT 2007

As for using the 6.6.x branch rather than HEAD, how should I modify
these commands to do that? Presumably with some kind of --tag option
to darcs? (how do I list the tags?)

darcs get --partial
cd ghc
chmod +x darcs-all
./darcs-all --extra get
cd ..
mkdir ghcbuild
cd ghcbuild
lndir ../ghc
sh boot
su -c 'make install'

Also, is there a way to get only the unix package and not all of ghc?
For instance, can I not use this repository somehow?:

Also, how many other people are affected by the bug in unix? I am
wondering why not just make another release of the package to fix the
bug, so that the version which is provided as a .tar.gz for download
is not buggy. Surely the release process is automated...

Thanks for your continuing help,