problem with unix package

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Thu Apr 19 19:54:16 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 15:30 +0100, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
> Thanks for your reply. Now I have found a repository here, is this the
> right one?
> However, it doesn't build for me:
> $ darcs get --partial
> $ cas configure --user --prefix=$HOME && cas build && cas install --user
> Setup.hs:17:30:
>     Couldn't match expected type `UserHooks'
>            against inferred type `Maybe UserHooks'

It would be much easier for you to use the GHC 6.6.x branch rather than
trying to use the HEAD branch which as you can see depends on
development versions of various other things (including in this case a
development version of cabal).

Or as was suggested as an temporary workaround just compile your code
-fvia-C and then load it up in GHCi.