Ord instance for Data.Map?

kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Wed Apr 18 17:47:55 EDT 2007

 > (unrelated rant:) look at the above example code.
 > Using qualified names is generally the right thing (TM) to do,
 > but I still think that resulting type names as Data.Set.Set
 > look distinctively ugly, almost like a typo.
 > I would really love some shortcut (allowing to write "Data.Set" )
 > if a module export just one type.

I find myself writing, again and again, for these modules:

import Data.Map (Map)
import qualified Data.Map as Map

and wondering, again and again, whether there might be a good way
to abbreviate this pattern...

In this context, I would also welcome an option to
just import (unqualified) all operators,
without having to list them all.