Adding System.FilePath

shelarcy shelarcy at
Sun Apr 1 23:51:59 EDT 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 03:28:06 +0900, Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin at> wrote:
> Friday, March 16, 2007, 7:19:34 PM, you wrote:
>>>    * Use a "wide" API when available internally
>> I trid to change by just changing from ascii API to wide API tonight.
>> But ... there is one problem. _wopendir defined in mingwex library, and
>> mingwex requires dll.

I'm sorry about I am wrong about this.
If I use ghc to make binary, binary file can be linked with _wopendir.

This problem is caused only on intepreter (GHCi and runghc).

And this provlem isn't just _wopendir's, my current modified version
reports error for _wreaddir's.

> i've used _wfindfirsti64/_wfindnexti64 functions. of course, their
> semantics isn't the same as semantics of _wopendir. look at Win32Files
> module from - it
> implements all the function i use to work with files in my program

So we need not use _wfindfirsti64/_wfindnexti64 functions.

If someone knows that how to fix above problem, please tell me.
I attached darcs version of current patch.
(I removed modified version of from this patch.
Because this doesn't help to fix above problem.)

This patch doesn't support all unix platform. Vecause I don't
modify to detect that "wide" API available, and add
alternative part for unavailable platform yet.

shelarcy <shelarcy>