darcs patch: Fix building problem for Mac OS X

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 23:42:17 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I made OpenAL patch almost one year ago.

Sven merged that ... but He accidentally removed Mac OS X

I posted again and again when someone can't build under
Mac OS X or OpenAL was changed newer version. But His
patch check priority is lowest .... and it seems that
He fade out development of OpenAL and OpenGL packages
current a few months.

Now, GHC 6.6 comes and this version bumps OpenAL version,
it's good time to apply my patch ... but I don't know how
to apply that. (Because I don't have darcs.haskell.org

Does anyone apply this patch?

I already tested this patch under Windws and other Unix

Best Regards,

New patches:

[Fix building problem for Mac OS X
shelarcy <shelarcy at capella.freemail.ne.jp>**20060907023009] {
hunk ./aclocal.m4 171
+# -------------
+case $target_os in
+  ;;
+  AC_SEARCH_LIBS([alGenSources], [openal openal32], [AL_LIBS="$ac_cv_search_alGenSources"])
+  test x"$AL_LIBS" = x"none required" && AL_LIBS=
+  ;;
hunk ./configure.ac 11
-# Shall we build this package at all?
hunk ./configure.ac 13
-if test x"$enable_openal" = xyes; then
hunk ./configure.ac 15
-# The following test for the OpenAL library is a bit of a hack, but gives nice
-# feedback even for the case when no additional library is needed. (Mac OS X?)
-AC_SEARCH_LIBS([alGenSources], [openal openal32], [AL_LIBS="$ac_cv_search_alGenSources"])
-test x"$AL_LIBS" = x"none required" && AL_LIBS=
+# Shall we build this package at all?
+if test x"$enable_openal" = xyes; then

+# Check for ALUT include paths and libraries
hunk ./configure.ac 27
-# Ugly...
-case $host_os in
-  ;;
+# check for ALUT include files
hunk ./configure.ac 30
-if test -z "$AL_FRAMEWORKS" && test x"$fp_found_al_header$fp_found_alc_header" != xyesyes; then
+if test x"$fp_found_al_header" = xno || test x"$fp_found_alc_header" = xno; then
hunk ./configure.ac 185
-*-mingw32) CALLCONV=stdcall ;;
+# WinDoze DLL hell
+# NOTE: For some obscure/unknown reason, OpenAL uses ccall, even on WinDoze...
+# *-mingw32) CALLCONV=stdcall ;;

[includes -> install-includes
Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk>**20060829123744]
[exclude Setup.hs even if not building package
Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk>**20060825222702]
[exclude Setup.hs from build
Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk>**20060824183534]
[add boilerplate Setup.hs
Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk>**20060824115102]
[add files used by configure
Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk>**20060518174356]
[Fixed bug #715 (OpenAL package fails to compile with older headers)
Sven Panne <sven.panne at aedion.de>**20060507164755]
[TAG Initial conversion from CVS complete
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>**20060112154136]
Patch bundle hash:

shelarcy <shelarcy    capella.freemail.ne.jp>