[Haskell-cafe] Guidelines for proposing library changes

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 04:08:10 EST 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 07:58:26PM +1100, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> ross:
> > Perhaps it would be kinder to the mail system to suggest attaching the
> > patch to the ticket instead of mailing it.  These patches to base are
> > quite big, and are causing trouble.
>
> Good idea.
>
> So instead of 'darcs send', we'd use the Trac system to send a combined
> proposal and patch?

Trac doesn't put file attachments in the emails, and that's probably
what we want.  Instead of hundreds of copies of the 50k patch, it's
on the web for those who are interested.  (And it becomes part of
the record, too.)

The current procedure, where you have to create the ticket before you
darcs record, so you'll have a ticket number to put in the patch, is
quite cumbersome.