[Haskell] Re: package mounting

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Mon Oct 30 03:49:30 EST 2006

> What about packages with multiple module trees like, say, Cabal?

That's a good question, and I think the right answer is not to do
anything special to support them. I assume that what you're referring
to with Cabal is that there is no common prefix for all of the module
names, but rather a small set of common prefixes (Distribution.*,
Language.Haskell.Extension). Under my proposal, if we want to get rid
of the 'Distribution' module prefix within the Cabal source code, then
we'll have to either rename the Language.Haskell.Extension module, or
move it to another package.

Best,

Frederik

--