Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at
Mon Oct 23 12:11:16 EDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Christian Maeder <maeder at> wrote:
> Donald Bruce Stewart schrieb:
> >     * intercat
> >     * the problem with joinWith (or whatever) is that traditionally it would be joinBy
> As I pointed out in
> the "By" suffix characterizes functions taking _binary_ comparison
> arguments. So I only see the tradition of stating this to be a problem.
I agree. A join* name would be nice but there doesn't seem to be a
nice suffix that doesn't give  the wrong connotation.

So I'm sticking with 'intercalate'. But I'll wait until all the
discussion have settled until I apply the patch.

All the best,