Jon Fairbairn jon.fairbairn at
Sun Oct 22 08:18:27 EDT 2006

On 2006-10-22 at 12:50+1000 dons at (Donald Bruce Stewart)  wrote:
> Now, the name, join conflicts, so:
>     * consperse
>     * connect
>     * intercat
>     * the problem with joinWith (or whatever) is that traditionally it would be joinBy
> So, I propose we start with just, say, 'connect',

intercalate, surely?

OED says of intercalate:

   transf.  a. To insert or interpose something additional,
   extraneous, or out of the ordinary course, between the
   ordinary members of any series  [...]

Since there's already a word that means almost exactly what
we want, why not use it?

Jón Fairbairn                              Jon.Fairbairn at