Data.List.join

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 12:18:41 EDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 03:43:24PM +0200, Josef Svenningsson wrote:
> >But wait! There is also a join in Control.Monad!
> >
> Good point. But I don't really see that as a problem. Don't you think
> the two 'join's can co-exist?

Data.List and Control.Monad have no conflicting names at the moment.

On the other hand, you have a problem only when you use the conflicting
name in your code. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, but I tend to
use (concat . intersperse sep) a lot, and if I used join instead of that,
I would have to hide "join" from all my Control.Monad imports.

How about:
    separateWith
    sepBy (like in Parsec)
    joinWith