What's the story re. darcs.haskell.org?

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Wed Oct 11 13:39:26 EDT 2006

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
>>   Is darcs.haskell.org the recommended place to start a new project?
>
> i also join to these questions. if someone could produce a faq about
> how to make darcs repository on darcs.haskell.org for one's project,
> and how to manage it - it will be great

Well what I have managed to find out so far is (I think:-) that
this basically the old ghc cvs repository, which also holds some
apparently none ghc related projects. Simon M owns/runs the machine
and gives out passwords (but I guess you've gotta ask nicely :-)
It's not intended to be a general communal darcs supporting
sourceforge type place.

But I guess most people already know this. So if darcs.haskell.org
is not the right place, does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

What I was looking for was the appropriate place where that
users and be patch contributors could treat as a "one stop shop"
for all darcsified projects (and cabalised releases). I.E. same
stable URL's, easily browsable and all accessible the same way.
I don't want to run my own server which provides services people
expect in order to use darcs the "normal" way (whatever that might
be, I'm afraid I haven't actually used darcs yet, I just want to
convert a few libs I'm working on to darcs and release them.)

Regards
--
Adrian Hey