base libraries

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 12:26:11 EST 2006

Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think that we should require H' compatibility instead of H98 one, so
> require to not use fundeps, but allow MPTC. this means that NHC should
> be ruled out as non-H' compliant compiler instead of these libs

Why pick on nhc98?  Today, there are absolutely _no_ haskell-prime
compliant implementations, because there is no haskell-prime standard
yet.  As and when the standard is fixed, implementations will catch up.

> but when other problems
> arrives, this may be a stop-mark, because these problems will not be
> fixed in future NHC versions

Who says?  nhc98 is not dead.  Yhc is a very active project, and it is
basically just a re-branding of nhc98.

Regards,
    Malcolm