base libraries

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at
Thu Nov 23 13:47:26 EST 2006

Hello Duncan,

>> it's no more future than inclusion of module in Base lib. we can
>> discuss this just now and if GHC HQ will decline such proposal, i will
>> agree that it may be better to include FilePath module in Cabal lib

> No, putting FilePath into the Cabal lib is a very bad idea. Then loads
> of libs/progs will depend on the Cabal lib. As we know, the Cabal
> library api is not terribly stable.

this looks strange but it is current state-of-the-art: it's better now
to put anything into Cabal package rather than Base. why? because both
packages are installed with ghc and cabal can be upgraded while base
cannot :)

well, i'm not serious. actually we need some package that can be
upgraded via Cabal itself

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at