darcs patch: forkChild, waitForChild, parIO, timeout

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 05:36:20 EST 2006

Hello Einar,

> This makes it hard to have a manager thread that sits over a pool of
> children and watches them. I think we could look at Erlang for the API
> - it is one of the few languages which make it easy to handle pools
> of child threads and restart handlers watching over them.

i'm not sure that it is the same, but there is bsphlib library:

This is a forwarded message
From: Frederico Franzosi <ffranzosi at gmail.com>
To: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2006, 6:52:30 AM
Subject: [Haskell-cafe] BSPHlib-0.1 Release

Is with happiness that I announce my first project release.

I announced it as an idea to the summer of code and as Paolo Martini
said to me that it was a "good idea" I decided to publish it.

The link to the summer of code proposal follows:
That link briefly explains what BSPHlib is.

To download the source:

I know that many mistakes are likely to appear and I am counting on
the community to help me as I am trying to help the community with my
still poor coding hability. I have tested that code and it has done
some good job, hope I can hear the same from you.

In a few weeks the code will be in a darcs repository in order to make
code management more organized.

Any questions, corrections, patches or suggestions please mail me.

Frederico Franzosi

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com